Silent Victories


Silent victories! This sounds like an an oxymoron. These last few weeks have had some quiet, but intense times as we make preparations for Nina and Katya.

My anniversary passed last week on the beautiful fall day of September 30th. Rich was at a men's retreat and was concerned that I know he didn't forget. He sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with an equally beautiful card. These silent flowers remind me of our love and dedication in our home. These same characteristics anchor our home as we have passed some non-financial milestones. 
Our meeting with the adoption agency went so well, despite the stress of getting there- Rich got off at noon and off we went. We passed our health exams, references are answering phone questions and written questions. All of these are silent, but golden moments. Donations for the silent auction are coming in- so important. 

A wonderful surprise is the $2,000 Ukrainian stipend that will be put towards our adoption! Another Ukrainian adoption did not come to fruition and the money can be used for our process instead- silent, but providential. 

Lastly, all of my silent prayers. How many times have I been astounded, discouraged, hopeful, and encouraged and I breathe a silent prayer to God? Too many to count. I remember, that whether  silent or voiced, God tells me, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3.  I know that God will do the great and mighty. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 127:1