I'm not even sure where to begin. Nina and Katya came into our lives in June of 2017. My daughter Erynne met the girls at our church's youth group on a Sunday evening, and hit it off right away. I knew the needs of the girls for basic clothes, shoes and other things from Michele Reynolds a friend from church. So Erynne and I went out and bought a few things the girls needed. It was when I delivered the clothes to the girls and they thanked me that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wanted our family to adopt these girls.  Erynne had already mentioned it to me but I wasn't really sure that we could help. So I started praying for God to make it clear to me if adopting them could be an option. Nina and Katya quickly won my heart and I had to talk to Richard about what God revealed to me. Richard was skeptical at first. Not sure how Nina and Katya would fit into our home. There were also money concerns, upfront costs and long term cost. We were both praying earnestly for direction from God. We met with several friends and two of our pastors. We made several phone calls to people who have successfully adopted and friends who were unable to adopt but had went through the process. We had tons of information on the adoption process and an estimate of how much it would cost. I have to admit I was scared and I think Richard was too.  The process is long and intrusive, but the hardest part for us is that it is Expensive.

Well on August 18, 2017 as a family we made the decision to step out in faith and agree to adopt the girls. I will tell you it was as exciting as finding out I was pregnant. Two more beautiful girls to add to out wonderful family. On Monday August 21, 2017 with the help of Julia Nina and Katya's chaperone from the Ukraine, we asked Nina and Katya if they would like to become a permanent part of our family. THEY SAID YES!! And so the adoption story begins.

Michele quickly started a GoFundMe page that is now trending(so cool) We have seen God work day by day and person by person. Our first goal was to meet the what I thought $2500 goal...Well we met that goal and I called the Home Study company to get the application. I was wrong the fee is $4000 so we made a plea on Facebook for more help all the while on our knees praying for God to provide what we would need to get to the first step. Guess what!! God answered that prayer in a mighty way. Between the donations on GoFundMe and other donations that came in we made our goal.
I have filled out the paperwork except for the narrative we have to write, which makes my head hurt. I am not a great writer. Well our goal is on Tuesday to send in the paperwork and the check for $4000 to the Home Study company and get approved. the entire home study can take up to 90 days. In the mean time we will need to pay the adoption agency and some of the Ukrainian fees. This step is $4900.

As soon as we start the home study there are a few grants we can apply to that if we are approved can provide us with some financial assistance. They will not cover the entire amount. We are trusting that God will provide exactly what we need to adopt Nina and Katya.

On another note... Nina had to leave the orphanage on Thursday 8/31/17 and go to what the Ukraine calls College. It is not like college in the United States. First of all she is only 15 which would put her as a sophomore in high school here. She is away from Katya the only family she has in a dorm like setting. She is made to learn how to be a seamstress because that is what the government has decided for her. I am worried for her. I trust that God will protect her and bring her to us soon. There is no way at this time for me to contact her. Julia (the girls friend and chaperone) will get her a letter when she comes back to the states. I ask that you would please pray for Nina, Katya and our family.

Comments

  1. Nina nd Katya are so excited to be joining your family! They have prayed for and desired a forever family in the U.S. but I don't think they fully understand how blessed they are to be specifically placed into YOUR family by our Almighty God. Thank you for stepping out in faith and being willing to give an earthly home to these girls. Most importantly, I know your family will also guide them to an eternal, truly forever home with a loving heavenly father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for them--and you, Richard, and Erynne, and praying that you will be able to be home with these girls soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 127:1