Not my will but His



“This is not the way that I would do it.” Have you ever thought this when God was bringing you through a trial? Have you ever been stunned into worshipful awe when you saw how the details came to a perfect conclusion that only God could orchestrate? This.is.me. 

I reflect that just 12 months ago I was dealing with the grief of losing both my aunt and uncle within six months of each other. I loved and cared for them, and I carried out their wishes. Just one year ago, I was readying their home to be rented, and clearing out the estate. I rented the home to a single-mom, and she signed a two-year lease. Done deal. God had different plans!!

As I began to pray about the provision of the $50,000 to adopt Nina and Katya, God began to provide in strange and amazing ways. Gofundme (but it takes 10% of the profit), neighborhood collections, and even the pasta dinner. What a dinner it was!!

The pasta dinner was a startling provision of more than $5,000. God accomplished this with the donations of so many components- water bottles, food, center pieces, and 52 auction gifts and lets not forget the vendors. The spirit was so sweet as everyone worked as a team - God showed his glory through everyone’s sweetness, and generous attitudes. 

Also in the fall, I decided to pray that the renter in my uncle’s house would decide to buy the house.  I prayed. I prayed morning, noon, and night. After four days, I received a text at ten o’clock at night, “Terri, can I buy the house?”  Whoop! Whoop! Stunning! God answered, “Yes!” Of course, I could barely sleep that night. 

Sometimes, God impresses you to act a certain way, and it is unexplainable to others. This happened to me when I set the asking price. Although, I could have sold my Uncle’s house for a handy profit, I decided to help my renter by selling it under market value. She is a single-mom, and I wanted to extend the grace that God had given me to her. To me, it has been “worth the hit” to see God get the glory. After all, He is the ultimate Land Lord!  This mom has even asked me to pray for her. 

I had no idea one year ago what God was up to. How would I know that my trials of one year would turn to the blessing of provision the next year? This money will help fund the adoption, and pay for much needed medical expenses when the girls come to the US. Katya is sad that they cannot come for Christmas, but she is looking forward to the day we bring them home! 

As I focus on Christmas, I realize that so much surrounding the birth of Jesus was strange. God used taxes, a poor Nazareth couple, shepherds, a stall, and a star on the night of Jesus birth. These things worked in perfect coordination. How can I doubt? I don’t doubt. I have seen these miracles for the last few months. I know that when a soul is surrendered to God, indeed, nothing is impossible. Merry Christmas my friends; I look forward to what God is going to do with us and for us in 2018. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 127:1